Over 28 people have been injured when soldiers shot at #EndSARS protesters at Lekki tollgate, Lagos State on Tuesday, 20 October.
Mr Babajide Sanwo-Olu, Lagos state governor, revealed this in a series of tweets on Wednesday. he, however, did not release the number of protesters who lost their lives to the incessant.
He made the disclosure shortly after he visited the victims who sustained various degrees of gunshot wounds as a result of the action of the soldiers.
Governor Sanwo-Olu explained that the injured victims were receiving medical treatment across three hospitals in the state.
According to him, 10 victims are being treated at the General Hospital, 11 at Reddington, and four hospitalised at Vedic medical facility.
The governor said that the victims sustained mild to moderate levels of injuries, but two were receiving intensive medical care.
He added that three patients had been discharged from the hospital, while 25 others were on admission at the time of this report.
Sanwo-Olu said he had to prioritise the welfare of the victims of the unfortunate incident in revealing why it had taken him a while to make a statement.
“This is the toughest night of our lives as forces beyond our direct control have moved to make dark notes in our history, but we will face it and come out stronger,” he said.
The governor also assured Lagosians that the state government would continue to monitor and ensure that all the injured victims were given the best care.
He promised to give a statement in the morning.