Infertility in women is simply defined as trying to get pregnant for at least a year with no success.
Most women come to realize that they are infertile, that is, they can’t get pregnant after some years in marriage, after many times of trying to get pregnant has proven abortive. But out of frustration and pressure to conceive, some women tend to attributed their problem of misconception to being a spiritual attack from a common enemy.
The truth is, these women fail to listen to the changes in their body at an early stage which probably were the signs and symptoms of infertility. These signs are;
1. Pain during Sex: in most women, one of the early signs of infertility is pain during sexual intercourse with the opposite sex. This can be as a result of an underlying health problem that may influence a woman’s fertility. Example of such include; Infections and fibroid.
2. Dark and Pale menstrual blood: if menstrual blood is regularly paler than usual, this may be a case of concern. Menstrual blood is usually bright red at the beginning of a person’s period and may get darker over the following days. Passing very dark, old blood at the beginning of a period can also be a sign of infertility. If a person experience this symptoms, they may wish to speak to a doctor.
3. Obesity: women with obesity have a lower probability of conceiving and are not at a high risk for issues during pregnancy than those without weight issues.
4. Irregular Menstrual cycle: having an irregular cycle including missing periods can contribute to infertility as it means a woman may not be regularly ovulating. Irregular ovulation can be due to many issues including polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) .
5. Hormones Changes: signs of hormonal changes can be nonspecific and a person may not notice them or know the underlying cause. A doctor can test for some hormonal issues.
A female infertility cause can be difficult to diagnose. There are many available treatment which will depend on the cause of infertility. Many infertile couples will go on to conceive a child without treatment.
After trying to get pregnant for two years, about 95 percentage of couples successfully Conceive.
Another main symptoms of infertility can be A Menstrual cycle that’s too long (35 days or more) or too short (less than 21 days).